- Alexandros Kostopoulos, George Agapiou, Fang-Chun Kuo, Kostas Pentikousis, Antonio Cipriano, Dorin Panaitopol, Dimitri Marandin, Karol Kowalik, Konstantinos Alexandris, Chia-Yu Chang, Navid Nikaein, Mariana Goldhamer, Adrian Kliks, Rebecca Steinert, Aarne Mämmelä, Tao Chen, “Scenarios for 5G Networks: the COHERENT Approach,” 23rd International Conference on Telecommunications, Thessalonkik Greece, May 2016
- T. Chen, M. Matinmikko, X.Chen, X. Zhou, P. Ahokangas, “Software Defined Mobile Networks: Concept, Survey and Research Directions,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, issue 11, pp. 126 – 133, Nov. 2015. DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2015.7321981
- R. Favraud, A. Apostolaras, N. Nikaein, T. Korakis, “Towards Moving Public Safety Networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 54, Issue 3, pp. 14-20, March 2016. DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2016.7432142.
- R. Riggio, A. Bradai, D. Harutyunyan, T. Rasheed, T. Ahmedet, “Scheduling Wireless Virtual Networks Functions,” IEEE Transaction on Network and Service Management, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 240 – 252, June 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TNSM.2016.2549563.
- W. Jiang, T. Kaiser, A.J. Han Vinck, “A Robust Opportunistic Relaying Strategy for Cooperative Wireless Communications,” Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 15, issue 4, pp. 2642 – 2655, April 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2015.2506574.
- A. Anttonen, A. Kotelba, M. Verhelst, and A. Mämmelä, “Finite-horizon prediction of energy depletions in off-grid wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.65, no. 8, Aug. 2016
- P. Kryszkiewicz, A. Kliks and H. Bogucka, “Small-Scale Spectrum Aggregation and Sharing,” in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 2630-2641, Oct. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2016.2604999
- P. Sroka and A. Kliks, “Playing Radio Resource Management Games in Dense Wireless 5G Networks”, Mobile Information Systems, published in special issue “Design, Dimensioning, and Optimization of 4G/5G Wireless Communication Networks”, vol. 2016, Article ID 3798523, 17 pages, 2016. DOI:10.1155/2016/3798523
- A. Mämmelä and A. Anttonen “Why will computing power need particular attention in future wireless devices?” IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, vol. 17, Issue: 1, pp. 12 – 26, Feb. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/MCAS.2016.2642679.
- A. Ksentini and N. Nikaein, “Toward Enforcing Network Slicing on RAN: Flexibility and Resources Abstraction”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, Issue: 6, pp. 102 – 108, June 2017. DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2017.1601119.
- J. Deng, O. Tirkkonen, R. Freij-Hollanti, T. Chen, N. Nikaein, “Resource allocation and Interference Management for Opportunistic Relaying in Integrated mmWave/sub-6GHz 5G Networks”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 94-101, June 2017. DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2017.1601120.
- A. Kliks and P. Kryszkiewicz “Multichannel Simultaneous Uplink and Downlink Transmission Scheme for Flexible Duplexing” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 11, June 2017. DOI: 10.1186/s13638-017-0884-5
- K. Katsalis, N. Nikaein, E. Schiller., A. Ksentini, T. Braun “Network Slices Towards 5G Communications: Slicing the LTE Network”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, Issue 8, pp. 146 – 154, Aug. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2017.1600936.
- N. Ermolova and O. Tirkkonen, “Interference Analysis in Wireless Networks Operating over Arbitrary Fading Channels with Heterogeneous Poisson Fields of Transmitters and Interferers”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1388-1392, Sept. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/LSP.2017.2729664
- P. Kreuger, R. Steinert, O. Görnerup, D. Gillblad “Distributed dynamic load balancing with applications in radio access networks”, International Journal of Network Management (IJNM), 2017. DOI: 10.1002/nem.2014.
- A. Kliks, B. Musznicki, K. Kowlik, P. Kryszkiewicz “Perspectives for Resource Sharing in 5G Networks”, Telecomunication Systems , 1-15, DOI:10.1007/s11235-017-0411-3
- K. Kowalik, A. Kliks, B. Musznicki, M. Kołodziejski, P. Kryszkiewicz “Observation of WiMAX Radio Parameters to Enhance Spectrum Utilisation in Mixed Environment” JOURNAL OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 2017 (accepted for publication)
- K. Kowalik, et. al, “Spectrum Management Application for virtualized wireless vehicular networks” IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine Special Issue on Next Generation Softwarized Wireless Networks (accepted for publication)
- E. Coronado, D. Harutyunyan, R. Riggio, J. Villalon and A. Garrido, “Joint Mobility Management and Multicast Rate Adaptation in Software–Defined Enterprise WLANs”, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (IEEE TNSM) (to appear).
- E. Coronado, D. Harutyunyan, R. Riggio, J. Villalon and A. Garrido, “Efficient Real–time Content Distribution for Multiple Multicast Groups in SDN–based WLANs”, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (IEEE TNSM) (to appear)
- D. Harutyunyan and R. Riggio, “Flex5G: Interference–aware Flexible Functional Splits for the Cloud Radio Access Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (IEEE TNSM) (to appear)
- A. Mämmelä, J. Riekki, A. Kotelba and A. Anttonen “Multidisciplinary and historical perspectives for developing intelligent and resource-efficient systems” IEEE Access (to appear)
Conference and workshop publications
- J. Deng, A. A. Dowhuszko, R. Freij, O. Tirkkonen, “Relay Selection and Resource Allocation for D2D-Relaying under Uplink Cellular Power Control, “ IEEE Globecom workshops 2015, pp. 1-6. San Diego, USA, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/GLOCOMW.2015.7414091
- N. Nikaein, E. Schiller, R. Favraud, K. Katsalis, D. Stavropoulos, I. Alyafawi, Z. Zhao, T. Braun, T. Korakis, “Network store: Exploring slicing in future 5G networks,” MobiArch Workshop, 2015. DOI:10.1145/2795381.2795390.
- S. D. Peethala, T. Kreul and T. Kaiser, “Real-time testbed for validating distributed antenna scenarios” in Proc. of WSA 2016; 20th International ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas, Munich, Germany, March 2016.
- R. Riggio, et al., “Scylla: A Language for Virtual Network Functions Orchestration in Enterprise WLANs”, in IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium NOMS, April 2016, Istanbul, Turkey. DOI: 10.1109/NOMS.2016.7502837.
- K. Katsalis, et al., “5G Architectural Design Patterns,” IEEE ICC 2016 workshop on 5G Architecture, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2016.7503760.
- C-Y Chang, et al., “Impact of Packetization and Functional Split on C-RAN Fronthaul Performance,” IEEE ICC 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2016.7511579.
- A. Kliks, L. Goratti, T. Chen, “REM: Revisiting a Cognitive Tool for Virtualized 5G Networks,” ICT 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICT.2016.7500411.
- A. Kostopoulos, G. Agapiou, F-C. Kuo, K. Pentikousis, A. M. Cipriano, D. Panaitopol, D. Marandin, K. Kowalik, K. Alexandris, C-Y. Chang, N. Nikaein, A. Kliks, R. Steinert, A.O Mämmelä, T. Chen, “Scenarios for 5G Networks: The COHERENT Approach,” Workshop – Advances on Network Virtualization for 5G Systems, ICT 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICT.2016.7500421.
- A. Kliks and P. Kryszkiewicz, “Simultaneous Uplink and Downlink Transmission Scheme for Flexible Duplexing,” In: Noguet D., Moessner K., Palicot J. (eds) Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks. CrownCom 2016. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol 172. Springer, Cham. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40352-6_16.
- G. Agapiou, A. Kostopoulos, F. Kuo, T. Chen, A. Kliks, M. Goldhamer, K. Katsalis, R. Riggio, D. Panaitopol, A. Cipriano, D. Marandin “Developing a Flexible Spectrum Management for 5G Heterogeneous Radio Access Networks”. European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Special Session, Athens, Greece, June 2016.
- K. Katsalis, et al., “SLA-driven VM Scheduling in Mobile Edge Computing,” IEEE 9th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD) June 2016, San Francisco, USA, DOI: 10.1109/CLOUD.2016.0104.
- D. Harutyunyan and R. Riggio, “Functional Decomposition in 5G Networks”, In: Badonnel R., Koch R., Pras A., Drašar M., Stiller B. (eds) Management and Security in the Age of Hyperconnectivity. AIMS 2016. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 9701. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39814-3_7.
- F. Ahmed, J. Deng, and O. Tirkkonen, “Self-organizing Networks for 5G: Directional Cell Search in mmW Networks”, IEEE 27th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Sep 2016, Valencia, Spain, DOI: 10.1109/PIMRC.2016.7794591.
- N. Zarifeh, A. Kabbani, M. El-Absi, T. Kreul, and T. Kaiser, “Massive MIMO Exploitation to Reduce HARQ Delay in Wireless Communication System”, in IEEE Middle East Conference on Antennas and Propagation (MECAP), Beirut, 2016.
- A. Kliks, B. Bossy, S. N. Khan, R. Riggio, L. Goratti, “An Architecture for Spectrum Management and Coordinated Control in 5G Heterogeneous Networks”, 13th ISWCS, 20-23 September 2016, Poznań, Poland. DOI: 10.1109/ISWCS.2016.7600984.
- J. Schulz-Zander, S. Schmid, J. Kempf, R. Riggio, A. Feldmann, “LegoFi the WiFi Building Blocks! The Case for a Modular WiFi Architecture”, in Proc. of MobiArch ’16, New York, USA, October 2016. doi>10.1145/2980137.2980142.
- R. Riggio, “The EmPOWER mobile network operating system: demo”, in Proceedings of the Tenth ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation, and Characterization (WiNTECH ’16). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Oct 2016. doi>10.1145/2980159.2980173.
- K. Katsalis, N. Nikaein, A. Edmonds, “Multi-Domain Orchestration: Challenges and Research Directions” in End-to-end service orchestration for 5G and beyond Workshop (En2ESO’16) held in conjunction with IEEE IUCC- 2016 Granada, Spain, December 2016 [Invited paper]. DOI: 10.1109/IUCC-CSS.2016.034.
- E. Coronado, R. Riggio, J. Villalon and A. Garrido, “Programming Abstractions for Wireless Multicasting in Software–Defined Enterprise WLANs”, in Proc. Of IEEE IM 2017, Lisbon, Portugal. May 2017. DOI: 10.23919/INM.2017.7987288.
- E. Coronado, R. Riggio, J. Villalón, A. Garrido, “SDN@Play: A Multicast Rate Adaptation Mechanism for IEEE 802.11 WLANs”, in Proc. of IEEE CCNC 2017, Las Vegas, NV, USA. January 2017. DOI: 10.1109/CCNC.2017.7983217
- A. Kliks, P. Kryszkiewicz, K. Kowalik, M. Kołodziejski „Analiza możliwości współdzielenia częstotliwości w pasmie F- studium przypadku” Przegląd Telekomunikacyjny i Wiadomości Telekomunikacyjne no 6/2017, pp. 388-391 (Krajowa Konferencja Radiokomunikacji Radiofonii i Telewizji KKRRiT 2017, 21-23 czerwca 2017 r., Poznań) DOI: 10.15199/59.2017.6.53.
- P. Kryszkiewicz, A. Kliks, H. Bogucka, “Multi-User Small-Scale Spectrum Aggregation”, in IEEE ICC 2017, Paris, France, May 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2017.7997226.
- J. Deng, O. Tirkkonen, and T. Chen, ”D2D Relay Management in Multi-cell Networks”, in IEEE ICC 2017 WCS, Paris, France, May 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2017.7996919.
- A. Kostopolous, et al. “Design Aspects for 5G Architectures: The SESAME and COHERENT approach” in IEEE ICC 2017: WT01-5GArch 2017: 4th International Workshop on 5G Architecture, Paris, France, May 2015. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2017.7962787.
- R. Riggio, et al., “Exploiting Distance Information for Transparent Access Point Driven WiFi Handovers,” in IEEE SCN, Macau, China , June 2017. DOI: 10.1109/WoWMoM.2017.7974344.
- J. Deng, O. Tirkkonen, T. Chen, N. Nikaein, “Scalable Two-hop Relaying for mmWave Networks”, in 26th European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Oulu, Finland, June 2017. DOI: 10.1109/EuCNC.2017.7980713.
- N. Ermolova, “Outage Probability Analysis in Finite Wireless Networks Operating in LOS Environment,” 26th European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), 5 pp. Oulu, Finland, June 2017. DOI: 10.1109/EuCNC.2017.7980782.
- S. Lembo, O. Tirkkonen, M. Goldhamer and A. Kliks, “Coexistence of FDD flexible duplexing networks,” 26th European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Oulu, Finland, June 2017, pp. 1-6. DOI: 10.1109/EuCNC.2017.7980723.
- A. Kliks, D. Panaitopol, A. M. Cipriano, K. Katsalis, N. Nikaein, C-Y. Chang, T. Chen, K. Kowalik, G. Agapiou, H. Kokkinen, F-C. Kuo “Spectrum and RAN Sharing in 5G Networks – a COHERENT Approach”, 26th European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC) Oulu, Finland, June 2017. (poster, in conference proceedings).
- S. N. Khan, A. Kliks, T. Chen, M. Mustonen, R. Riggio and L. Goratti, “Virtualization of spectrum resources for 5G networks,” 26th European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Oulu, Finland, June 2017, pp. 1-5, DOI: 10.1109/EuCNC.2017.7980749
- R. Steinert, N. Zarifeh, C-Y. Chang, A. Anttonen, A. Cipriano, D. Panaitopol. ”Toward Unifying Abstractions for Heterogeneous Radio Infrastructures”, extended abstract, 26th European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC) Oulu, Finland, June 2017.
- C. Tsirakis, P. Matzoros and G. Agapiou, “State-of-the-art on Virtualization and Software Defined Networking for Efficient Resource Allocation on Multi-tenant 5G Networks”, in MATEC Web Conf. Volume 125, 2017, 21st International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Communications and Computers (CSCC 2017), DOI: 10.1051 / matecconf / 201712503009 CSCC 2017.
- C. Tsirakis, P. Matzoros, P. Sioutis and G. Agapiou, ‘’Load Balancing in 5G Networks”, in MATEC Web of Conferences 125, 03009, CSCC 2017 (2017). DOI: 10.1051/matecconf/201712503010.
- K. Kowalik, et. al, “Statistical characteristics of WiMAX 802.11e signals from the perspective of improving spectrum utilisation”, in Proc of the IEICE Information and Communication Technology Forum (ICTF 2017) Poznan, Poland. July 2017.
- K. Alexandris, C-Y. Chang, K. Katsalis, N. Nikaein, T. Spyropoulos,“Utility-based resource allocation under multi-connectivity in evolved LTE”, in VTC 2017, IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference, September 2017, Toronto, Canada.
- R. Favraud, and N. Nikaein, “Analysis of LTE Relay Interface for Self-Backhauling in LTE Mesh Networks”, in VTC 2017, IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference, September 2017, Toronto, Canada.
- A. Kliks, P. Kryszkiewicz, Ł. Kułacz, K. Kowalik, M. Kołodziejski, H. Kokkinen, J. Ojaniemi, A. Kivinen “Application of the CBRS model for wireless systems coexistence in 3.6-3.8 GHz band”, in CROWNCOM 2017, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2017.
- S. Lembo, J. Deng, R. Freij, O. Tirkkonen and T. Chen, ”Hierarchical Network-level Coordination for 5G Radio Access Networks”, in IEEE Internation Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Communications (PIMRC), Montreal, QC, Canada, October 2017.
- S. N. Khan, L. Goratti, R. Riggio, S. Hasan, “On Active, Fine-Grained RAN and Spectrum Sharing in Multi-Tenant 5G Networks”, in IEEE Internation Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Communications (PIMRC), Montreal, QC, Canada, October 2017.
- P. Kryszkiewicz “Multi-RAT Scheduling for Heterogeneous Networks”, IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), CRAFT Workshop, Montreal, QC, Canada, October 2017.
- R. Favraud, N. Nikaein, C-Y. Chang “Self-backhauled autonomous LTE mesh networks”, in IEEE WIMOB 2017, Rome, Italy, October 2017, pp. 1-8 DOI: http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/WiMOB.2017.8115763.
- M. Belesioti, “Enabling Offloading in 5G Networks – The case of the COHERENT Project’’, Infocom World Conference 2017, 25 October 2017, Athens Greece
- A. Kostopoulos, “A Comparative Assessment between Architectural innovations coming from the SESAME and the COHERENT 5G Projects”, Infocom World Conference 2017, 25 October 2017, Athens Greece.
- D. Harutyunyan & R. Riggio “Flexible functional split in 5g networks”in IEEE CNSM, Tokyo, Japan, November 2017.
- D. Peethala, N. Zarifeh and T. Kaiser, “Probability of Coverage Based Analysis of Distributed Antenna System and its Implementation on LTE Based Real-Time-Testbed”, 9th Int. Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems, Munich, Germany, 6-8 Nov. 2017.
- R. Favraud, C-Y. Chang, N. Nikaein, “QoS guarantee in self-backhauled LTE mesh networks,” in IEEE Global Communications Conference, December 2017, Singapore, Singapore.
- E. Coronado, R, Riggio, J. Villalo, and A. Garrido, “Wi–Balance: Channel–Aware User Association in Software–Defined Wi–Fi Networks”, in Proc. of IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) April 2018, Taipei, Taiwan. To appear.
- D. Harutyunyan, S. Herle, D. Maradin, G. Agapiu, and R. Riggio, “Traffic–Aware User Association in Heterogeneous LTE/WiFi Radio Access Networks”, in Proc. of IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) April 2018, Taipei, Taiwan. To appear.
- E. Coronado, D. Harutyunyan, R. Riggio, J. Villalon and A. Garrido, “Wi–Not: Exploiting Radio Diversity in Software–Defined 802.11–based WLANs”, in Proc. of IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) April 2018 (Poster), Taipei, Taiwan. To appear.
- S. Liu, R. Steinert and D. Kostic. “Flexible distributed control plane deployment”, IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), April 2018, Taipei, Taiwan. To appear.
- A. Rao, R. Steinert, “Probabilistic multi-RAT performance abstractions”, IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2018 Workshop: International Workshop on Management of 5G Networks (5GMan), April 2018, Taipei, Taiwan. To appear.
- A. Cipriano, D. Panaitopol, “Performance Analysis of Sidelink Data Communications in Autonomous Mode”, accepted to the IEEE WCNC 2018, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, April 2018.
- S. Liu, R. Steinert and D. Kostic. “Control Under Intermittent Network Partitions”, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), May 2018. To appear.
- N. Zarifeh, M. Alissa, M. Khaliel and T. Kaiser, “Self-Interference Mitigation in Full-Duplex Base-Station using Dual Polarized Reflect-Array”, 11th German Microwave Conference GeMiC 2018, Freiburg, Germany, 12-14 Mar. 2018.
- P. Marsch, N. Nikaein*, M. Doll, T. Chen* and E. Pateromichelakis, “Chapter 6 – RAN Architecture,” 5G System Design Book, Wiley, to be published.
- T. Rosowski1, R. Ruismaki, L. M. Campoy, G. D’Aria, D. Kang and A. Kliks*, “Chaper 3 – Spectrum Usage and Management,” 5G System Design Book, Wiley, to be published.
- Ö. Bulakci, K. Pedersen, D. Estevez, A. Prasad, F. Moya, J. Christoffersson, Y. Yang, E. Pateromichelakis, P. Arnold, T. Svensson, T. Chen*, H. Miao, M. Kurras, S. Bazzi, S. Vassaki, E. Kosmatos, K. Taik Kim, G. Calochira, J. Belschner, S. Barberis, and T. Şahin “Chaper 12 – Traffic Steering and Resource Management,” 5G System Design Book, Wiley, to be published.
- A. Kaloxylos, C. Mannweiler, G. Zimmermann, M. Girolamo, P. Marsch, J. Belschner, A. Tzanakaki, R. Trivisonno, Ö. Bulakci, P. Spapis, P. Rost, P. Arnold, N. Nikaein*, “Chapter 8 Network Slicing,” 5G System Design Book, Wiley, to be published.
- H. Kokkinen* “Chapter 2 – TV White Space Spectrum Sharing Using Geolocation Databases” in “TV White Space Communications and Networks” edited by Robert Stewart, David Crawford, Andrew Stirling, Elsevier, to be published.
Note: * means author from COHERENT