COHERENT will be featured at the EuCNC 2017 held in Oulu, Finland on 12 – 15 June, 2017. Project partners will participate in multiple activities and present the project achievements in different sessions.
COHERENT Booth #4
Event participants have the opportunity to explore the project objectives and outcomes at the COHERENT Booth # 4 on the exhibition area.
At the booth, project demos will be showcased:
The COHERENT demo will show the novel concept of the Heterogeneous RAN slicing developed in the project. The demo will showcase a solution provided by a newly introduced coordination framework, new RAN control components, and the combination of SDN and network function virtualization (NFV) to enable flexible and programmable network slicing in RAN. The LTE handover taking advantage of the COHERENT concept will be demonstrated as well.
The demonstrations are based on the OpenAirInterface platform developed by the partner EURECOM, the 5G-EmPOWER platform developed by the partner CREATE-NET, and the CommAgility eNodeB hardware and software built by the partner CommAgility.
COHERENT is co-organising a workshop on Business models and techno-economic analysis for 5G networks together with other 5GPPP projects: CHARISMA, SESAME, COHERENT, VirtuWind, NORMA, 5GEx, SPEED-5G, SELFNET and mmMAGIC.
Workshop is held on Monday 12 June, 2017, 9:00-12:30, Room IT112.
COHERENT partners will present following papers during the conference:
- J. Deng (Aalto), O. Tirkkonen (Aalto), T. Chen (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland) and N. Nikaein (EUROCOM): ”Scalable two-hop relaying for mmWavenetworks”
- S. Nawaz Khan (FBK CREATE-NET), A. Kliks (Poznan University of Technology), T. Chen (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland), M. Mustonen (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland), R. Riggio (FBK CREATE-NET), L. Goratti (FBK CREATE-NET): “Virtualization of Spectrum Resources for 5G Networks”
- S. Lembo (Aalto), O. Tirkkonen (Aalto), M. Goldhamer (4GCelleX), A. Kliks (Poznan University of Technology): ”Coexistence of FDD flexible duplexing networks”
- N. Ermolova (Aalto): “Outage Probability Analysis in Finite Wireless Networks Operating in LOS Environment”
Three COHERENT posters will be presented at the Poster Session 2 on Wednesday, 14 June, 13:30-14:00, Room THE Cabinet.
- Software Development Platform for Programmable Heterogeneous Radio Access Networks
by Alexandros Kostopoulos (OTE), Roberto Riggio (FBK CREATE-NET), Fang-Chun Kuo and Kostas Pentikousis (Travelping)
- Toward Unifying Abstractions for Heterogeneous Radio Infrastructures
by Rebecca Steinert (RISE SICS AB), Nidal Zarifeh (Universität Duisburg Essen); Chia-Yu Chang (EURECOM), Antti Anttonen (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland); Antonio M. Cipriano (Thales) and Dorin Panaitopol (Thales)
- Spectrum and RAN Sharing in 5G Networks – a COHERENT Approach
by Adrian Kliks (Poznan University of Technology), Dorin Panaitopol (Thales), Antonio M. Cipriano (Thales); Kostas Katsalis (EURECOM), Navid Nikaein (EUROCOM), Chia-Yu Chang (EURECOM), Tao Chen (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland), Karol Kowalik (INEA), George Agapiou (OTE), Heikki Kokkinen (Fairspectrum), Fang-Chun Kuo (Travelping).
More information on the EuCNC, please visit: http://www.eucnc.eu/